Monday, July 9, 2012

Summertime...

And the running is...hot! Another warm day in the PNW. Enjoy! Embrace it! It won't last. Remember those long runs in the pouring rain? Remember the splish splash of your brand new running shoes as you hit those slight depressions in the road? Well, I do! 

I don't mind running in the cool/cold/wet weather, but I rejoice when the heat finally hits us. (Keep in mind, I recognize how lucky most PNWers are to be living in an area that has natural and fairly dependable air-conditioning courtesy of Mother Nature.)  

I am NOT a hot weather runner. Would not want to have to run in it for months on end, but I do enjoy the occasional stretch of heat. Yep, even if it means I have to slow my already slow pace down to a snail's crawl. I try to focus on how the warmth of the sun is loosing my muscles and how the drip of that sweat feels so cool if I'm lucky enough to catch a little breeze. Of course, I hydrate! Volumes have been written on hydrating and I have taken note. Hot weather requires consistent hydration.  

Do you love the heat? Are you a hot weather runner? Do you get more miles run in the hot months than the dead of winter?  

Run slow, run long...weather permitting! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment